A free service for individuals who want to use their public library but are confined to the home.
What is Homebound Service?
Homebound Service is a free service provided by the Gloucester County Library System for ill or disabled library patrons who have no other way to get access to library materials.
This service is available to residents of the Gloucester County Library System's 14 member communities. Those communities are:
|East Greenwich Township||National Park|
|Glassboro||South Harrison Township|
|Greenwich Township (Gibbstown)||Swedesboro|
|Harrison Township||Woodbury Heights|
|Logan Township||Woolwich Township|
How does it work?
- Reader's Advisor assists the patron in choosing materials available in the library's collection.
- Materials are delivered to the patron by a library volunteer.
- Library volunteer will also pick the materials up to return them.
- Items may be borrowed for 4 weeks and renewed for an additional 4 weeks if desired.
How much does it cost?
This is a free service provided to eligible patrons of the Gloucester County Library System.
Who is eligible?
Library patrons eligible for homebound service are individuals who:
- hold a valid Gloucester County Library System borrower's card
- are unable to visit the library in person due to illness or disability
- have completed an application for Homebound Service
- have no one available to assist them in obtaining library materials
- are a resident of one of the Gloucester County Library System's 14 member communities.
How can I apply for Homebound Service?
Call Holly Coons at 856-223-6043. She will answer your questions and send you an application.