- Have you spent hours searching the web without finding what you want?
- Do you have a complicated research question, and don’t know where to start?
- Would you like to know more about the library’s resources?
- Would you like to learn to be a better researcher?
Schedule an individual appointment today with a professional librarian. Get personal, uninterrupted time to get your questions answered!
What is Librarian by Appointment?
Librarian by Appointment is a service that allows you to:
- Schedule a one-time session of up to one hour with a librarian.
- Receive personalized assistance with your information needs and/or instruction in how to use the library’s resources.
- Appointments are typically during the weekday and depend on the librarian's availability.
- They are one-time sessions lasting up to one hour.
- Take place at the Mullica Hill Branch, Logan Branch, and Glassboro Branch.
How do I benefit?
Some questions require more than a few minutes to answer. In your appointment with a librarian, you will receive personal attention. The librarian will advise you on research strategy and the appropriate resources, so you have the skills to do your own research.
What subject areas are covered?
Librarians can assist you with topics like:
- Research for homework or term papers
- How to use GCLS databases
- Job search resources
- Business and market research
- Health topics
- Research on a topic of interest to you
Librarians will not assist you with:
- Online banking
- Buying/selling on the internet
- Credit card transactions
- Other activities that require use of your credit cards, social security number, or other personal/financial information
Who can use this service?
Librarian by Appointment is available to library customers of all ages.
Children must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult.
How do I make an appointment?
Appointments must be made at least a few days in advance. Schedule an appointment with a librarian by calling the reference desk at 856-223-6050 or emailing us at email@example.com.
After learning about the kind of help you need, a librarian with experience in your area of interest will be assigned to assist you. The librarian will call you to schedule an appointment.
Please understand that it will take a few days to set up a lesson plan that will meet your information needs.
For more information
Contact Robin Megow at 856-223-6016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.